Cold Laser Therapy
If you've tried every conceivable way to relieve pain,
a technique known as "low intensity laser therapy" could be the answer
WHAT IS COLD LASER THERAPY?
A non-surgical, non-toxic, non-traumatic highly effective treatment, Laser Therapy is simple and painless. It is similar to holding a flashlight close to the skin and shining the light on it. The laser probe is held against the area being treated. Light to firm pressure will be applied to the area to improve the penetration of the energy.
Low intensity laser treatments stimulate the cells and tissues to encourage the body's own healing process. The light source is placed directly on the skin for 1-10 minutes depending on the condition. You will feel nothing but a warm touch as the laser light penetrates the tissue to treat the affected area. Improvement can be seen in as little as 1-6 treatments. The laser penetrates up to 4 1/2 inches deep into the injured tissue. It can be directed to acupuncture points, trigger points, nerve endings and directly to the site of the specific injury.
WHAT DOES IT DO?
- Faster wound healing – Stimulates fibroblast development in damaged tissue. The reduction in recover time is an important consideration.
- Increased metabolic activity – Produces an increase in cellular metabolism that expedites cellular repair. More effective immune responses are induced by laser light.
- Reduced fibrous tissue formation – Improves the quality of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns or following surgery.
- Anti-inflammatory action – Reduces swelling caused by bruising or inflammation of joints to give improved joint mobility.
- Increased vascular activity – Stimulates lymph and blood circulation, to allow the affected tissue to have the best possible circulation.
- Stimulated nerve function – Slow recovery of nerve function in damaged tissue can result in "dead" limbs or numb areas. The laser helps speed the recovery process of nerve cells to bring the numb areas back to life.
**Laser light stimulates the release of the body's own pain killing chemicals such as endorphins and enkephalins from the brain, adrenal glands and other areas, thus facilitating long-lasting pain relief.
CONDITIONS TREATED BY LASER THERAPY:
- Sports Injuries
- Sprains & Strains
- Tennis/Golfers elbow
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Soft Tissue Injuries
- Neck, Low Back and Disc Pain
- TMJ Disorders
- Painful Trigger Points
- Chronic Pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Inflamed Skin Conditions
- Acute (traumatic) Pain
- Wounds and Burns
- Lymph Edema
- Non-healing Ulcers
- Plantar Fasciitis
- and many more!